At CitySens we work with several types of hydroponic substrates. For herbs we recommend the use of coconut fiber.
Coconut fiber is the hydroponic substrate that most resembles conventional soil. It is an absorbent substrate, widely used in the hydroponic cultivation of vegetables. It is ideal for hydroponic cultivation of seeds or seedlings. The coconut fiber distributes the irrigation water very well and maintains a good aeration at the roots.
CONTENTS OF THE CITYSENS HYDROPONIC SYSTEM
- Kit of herbs seeds: basil, parsley, chives and coriander.
- Substrate for hydroponics: coconut fiber pellets.
- Base with wooden lid and water level indicator.
- Stackable pots with grid pots and filters.
- Automatic irrigation system: water pump, platinum silicone tubes and digital irrigation timer.
- Hydroponic nutrients for plants.
- Platinum silicone plug.
- User's manual.
Materials: 100% recycled polypropylene structure and stainless steel. Resistant to water and UV light. Non-yellowing. Wood treated against humidity. Platinum silicone tubes.
You may find some stains on the vertical planter due to the reuse process of 100% recycled polypropylene.
Net weight: 4 kg.
Height: 82/115/148 cm for the structures of 2, 3 and 4 pots respectively.
Width: 29 cm at the base.
Pot diameter: 13 cm.