CitySens shelf with educational kit (guide in spanish)
Pack of 4-tray shelf with the activity kit to discover nature with your family - from @Earlychildfood.
It includes a manual in Spanish with activities inspired by Montessori pedagogy and Positive Discipline. Edited by Carla Peña of @Earlychildfood and illustrations by Bea Soro.
It includes seeds of Margarita, Pansy, Carnation, dwarf morning-glory, four o'clock flower and Snapdragon.
It includes substrate and pots for the cultivation of the seeds.
The products are manufactured in Spain with 100% recycled polypropylene and are made by people with functional diversity. By choosing this product, you help us to promote their social inclusion.
Home delivery in 48h. 2 years warranty.
Made in Spain with recycled and recyclable materials. We turn 400 plastic cups into your plant shelves.
We collaborate with the Pere Mata and Santa Teresa foundations, where people with different abilities mount the product.
Create your custom plant shelves. Customize it by choosing the color and mount it to your style.
Its design as a plant stand has been recognized with the Delta Award for product desig.
DISCOVER THE NATURE AS A FAMILY
For those who have children at home, we wanted the CitySens shelf to be a space to enjoy with family.
With the plants we introduce the little ones to different aspects of education and work: for one point, they enter the practical life. But what also María Montessori emphasised is that we sow, followed by observing the plants evolution. We develop the sensory, cognitive and fine motor area.
CARLA PEÑA EDUCATIONAL MANUAL @EARLYCHILDFOOD
The kit includes 6 easy-to-grow flower seeds, pots, substrate and the guide.
The guide edited by @Earlychildfood contains:
- Step by step illustrations to assemble and sow (with color and without for children to color).
- Introduction of different activities step by step, in order for families to learn how to present the materials through the Montessori methodology. This would go with the theoretical introduction of the importance of the practical life area and activities that the child from 1 to 6 years old can do related to the care of the plants.
- Cards with plant parts: a cut-out inside the activity guide to see the seed, root, plant, leaves, petals...
- Introduction about the importance of treating insects with respect. Raising awareness by example of the danger of extinction of bees - and relocating the activity to the outside with a family expedition in which the value of teamwork, perseverance and patience to observe is stressed.
EDUCATIONAL KIT CONTENT
- CitySens 4-tray shelves in white or black.
- Includes seeds of: Margarita, Pansy, Carnation, dwarf morning-glory, four o'clock flower and Snapdragon.
- Includes manual with activities inspired by Montessori pedagogy and Positive Discipline, edited by Carla Peña of @Earlychildfood. Includes substrate and pots for the cultivation of the flowers.
- 12 Coconut fibre substrate tablets.
- 6 growing pots made of 100% recycled plastic.
To plant the seeds correctly you must follow the following steps.
1. Place 1 litre of water in a container, immerse the compressed earth tablets and wait for them to hydrate. Each tablet will increase in volume by 3 to 4 times its initial size, indicating that it is ready to be used as farmland.
2. Set the pots found in the educational kit.
3. Empty the hydrated soil inside the sowing bag.
4. Place between 10 and 20 seeds in each pot and cover them with a 1 cm layer of substrate.
5. Repeat this process for each pot and each plant.
6. Place the pots in the planters on your CitySens shelf.
- During the germination of the seed.
We recommend to program the automatic irrigation 2 times a week for 2 minutes each watering. The substrate must be moist, without being wet or dry before the next irrigation. Irrigation needs may vary depending on the temperature and light your CitySens garden receives. The more light and temperature the plants receive, the more irrigation is needed. During germination the plant does not need many nutrients: 10 ml of Citysens nutrients for every 5 L of water.
- During the growth of the plant
As the plant grows, water consumption increases, so you must be aware that the substrate remains moist, never soaked or dry. Watering twice a week for 2 minutes may still be adequate, although you can increase watering if necessary. Remember that for small plants, excess irrigation is just as dangerous as a lack of irrigation. With adult plants, excessive watering is more dangerous because it rots the roots and kills the plant. For adult plants the consumption of nutrients increases: add 20 ml of nutrients per 5L of water when filling the tank.
SHIPMENT AND WARRANTY
You will receive emails confirming the order, preparation and shipment.
If you are not satisfied with your product, you can return it within 14 calendar days.
If your product has a manufacturing defect, the warranty covers the free replacement of any component for 2 years.
(There are 16 other products in the same category)